Monday, November 15, 2010

Homemade Halloween

This year, I made the girls costumes. Jenna came up with the idea for hers completely on her own last year, and at the last minute - I came up with Lexie's and made hers.

Jenna was the Wicked Witch of the East! As you may remember, that is the witch that first had on the red shoes, but Dorothy's house landed on her. So, Jenna told everyone "I'm a dead witch! haha!" We even put a frightened Dorothy and Toto in the window of the house looking out. This costume was so cool, Jenna was so clever to come up with it! We bought the witch costume, tights and shoes, but I drew up the idea for the box and Eric (daddy) painted it for us! Lexie was the TORNADO!!! not just any tornado - she's the one from the Wizard of Oz! We figured, since Jenna was the witch the house fell on, and Lexie has the personality of a tornado...that it only made sense for her to be a tornado. I bought a piece of fabric at Wal-Mart and used brown and gold sparkle acrylic paint to make the tornado, then sewed it onto a brown dress she had. Added ribbons for "debri" (she would spin and make them swirl), brown boots - and Lexie was allowed to use make up crayons to do her own face. (I thought, since she was a tornado, that it was completely ok for her to do her own make up HAHA)
Jenna wanted to be scary...and mommy wasn't very good at putting on the face paint....so when daddy got home- this is what he did to her...hahaha...boy, she sure was scary! :) We had so much fun trick or treating at Uncle Mike's neighborhood! I can't help but notice in Jenna's "scary" face paint... her eyes really stand out! haha...perhaps green is a good color for her! hahaha! :)

No comments: