Jenna participated in her first Girl Scout Ceremony on Tuesday, December 7th. She earned 2 badges that night. She is a member of Troop 2995, Girl Scouts of Mountains to Midlands!
First off--- Jenna made dinner! :) She and her friends helped prepare a meal for the parents attending the ceremony. We had stuffed shells! She earned her cooking badge and is officially allowed in the kitchen at dinner time. :) haha. watch out now!
Last, but most definitely not least: Jenna stood in front of everyone and said her pledge, and received her Investiture badge (Invested as an Official Girl Scout), and was given her Daisy Girl Scout pin.
Jenna is quite the busy bee... so much going on- and she stays on top. She's excelling in school, her love of theater and acting in both the Greer Little Theater and the Christmas play at church...and then there's basketball on Tuesdays... that child is spreading her wings...and taking off...and all I can do is watch in amazment. God bless you sweet child of mine, I love you, and I am always amazed by you. I am so proud of you- your Daddy is too... We are ALL so proud of you!
This is the Bridge for the "Bridging Ceremony"... this is when a Daisy has completed all her requirements to become a Brownie Girl Scout. Jenna was so excited to see her friends that bridged that night- she couldn't wait to stand on the bridge, and says she can't wait to earn her turn to go on the bridge. the girls go on the bridge as a Daisy, they turn around and say "Twist me and turn me and call me an elf, I look into the water and saw myself!" Jenna already has it memorized, and is so excited to be an official Daisy, and well on her way to her own bridging Ceremony someday. :)
<- this video is of Jenna saying her Pledge and receiving her pin! Way to go baby girl!!! :)
<- this video is of Jenna and her troop's Friendship Circle. I remember doing this when I was a Girl Scout...and I was so excited to see her do it with her friends! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment