Our oldest daughter, Jenna Jade, landed her first lead role. Jenna Pilkenton starred in "A Christmas Carol" as Tiny Tim. It was at a community theatre downtown, The Greenville Little Theatre. It was also her first role with lines...and she memorized all of them on her own, and she was just 6 years old.
Not only did she have lines, but she played a total of 3 characters AND had a solo at the end. I wish more than anything I had a way to share a video of the solo. I bought a DVD of the show and her voice still gives me chills and makes me cry.
I'm not the only one who noticed. A critic reviewed the show and put an article in the newspaper.... about midway through the article, he states "Jenna Pilkenton's Tiny Tim is adorable!"...
Conversation:
Jenna: Mama, what's a "critic"?
Me: Oh, honey, you're in trouble now! A critic is someone that writes about whether a performance is good or bad.
Jenna: Did he like me?
Me: He LOVED you. Some critic's won't love you - but that's ok. It's a big deal to be noticed by a critic!
Jenna: Cool!!!!!!!
Best moment of the entire experience: we had 10 shows and at almost every show, we got a standing ovation from most or all of the audience when Scrooge came out and bowed...except for 1 show. Jenna did well every night, but that night in particular she nailed it. Every line was emotional and she connected with her character and NAILED her solo at the end... she was only 6!!!!! But that show was special, because when she stepped out and bowed.... my baby girl, Jenna Jade, got a standing ovation from the entire audience. 600 strangers were on their feet... applauding my child.
What was mama doing? Wiping away tears from behind a curtain? oh...yeah, I'm one of those mama's... Jenna just amazes me. Every day. She is Godly, and loving and smart... how blessed and lucky I am to be able to call her daughter.
| Jenna in her Tiny Tim costume, and her friend -- they are only 3 months apart in age... I just have a really tall child lol |
| This is Jenna's costume for her character: A young girl that went to school with Ebenezer Scrooge |
| This is Jenna's costume for her character: A young girl working in the warehouse when Ebenezer Scrooge was a young man, and her boss. |
| Jenna and her friend |
| Mama snagged a photo, Jenna's first line was spoke at this moment...and this picture was taken at the last dress rehearsal....SHOW TIME! |

No comments:
Post a Comment