I have not owned an umbrella in several years. I had one that work gave me, but it broke about 5ish years ago. I never felt I really needed to spend the money on one when I don't have to stand outside at all, so I'm not in the rain much - it's just water and usually I'm just running in or out of the house.
Tonight, while Jenna was at rehearsal, I went to WalMart to pick up some things I needed. While there, it started to rain. I thought about getting an umbrella, but talked myself out of it. After all, I wasn't parked that far away and only picking up a couple things.. (Yes, I'm that talented! I can go to WalMart and only get a couple things!) Also, it really wasn't raining that hard. Suddenly the sky just opened up and the rain was pouring so hard, it sounded like it was going to come right through the roof of the store. I decided I needed an umbrella, at least to use walking to my car.
After I checked out, picked up my 2 bags (k, maybe I bought more than a couple things... more like 5 or 6 things, but I still think that's not too bad! right?), and I pulled out my new umbrella. Standing at the door of WalMart, just as I was about to open my new umbrella, the rain stopped completely. Not only did the rain come to a screeching halt, the clouds cleared enough that I had the moon and stars while I walked to the car.
I now have a brand new, unused umbrella in my car, ready and available for the next time it rains.
Well played God, well played! :)
"The one enthroned in Heaven laughs." Psalm 2:4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment