Eric and I bought our first home!!!!!!
I want to say thank you to everyone that has prayed with us and for us, everyone that has been there for us and guided us. Our dream finally came true and we are HOME OWNERS!!!!
A special thanks to my mom and dad, who opened up their home and took care of us during our years in need. From the depths of my soul, I appreciate everything, from the roof over our head to the words of wisdom and the countless meals you have provided us. Thank you is not enough. I am a mama's baby and a daddy's girl all balled up into one... I'm going to miss you being just down the hall, my kids already miss you, but we will call you often! Thank goodness for face time, skype, and iphones!!!
And a special thanks to my in laws, who believed in us and gave us much needed advice and were willing to help us whenever we asked. We are overwhelmed with love from all our family on both sides.
The pictures below are of our home.
Our home.
The Pilkenton Home!!!!
You have no idea how good it feels to say "We did it!"
Isaiah 32:18 "My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest."
Lexie's VERY pink room! I love how every time she walks in she squeals and says " I LOVE MY ROOM! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!"
Jenna's WAY COOL purple and blue room! Peace signs abundant, her performance posters hung, and her Riley banner over the window... seeing her smile, priceless.
Owl bathroom designed by the girls.
Eric and I's room...the color we picked is called "Sparrow"... I love it so much. And the name is fitting. A song that seems to tell our story best is "Like two sparrows in a hurricane trying to find their way. With a head full of dreams and faith, they can do anything. They've heard it's all uphill, but all they know is how they feel. The world says they'll never make it, love says they will." We made it! And we're more in love than ever.
The color on the walls of our hallway and living room is called "Restrained Gold"...these pictures make it look more yellow, when in person it's more of a creamy color. We get so many compliments on this color- it turned out AWESOME!
My pretty kitchen! Those that know me know I am most often found in the kitchen... it's my happy place, I love love love to cook, and I'm looking forward to making many wonderful meals here! The color we picked for the kitchen is called "Sea Salt". We are beach lovers, can you tell?
The candle on the tree sconce was used during the blessing of our home, led by our friends Pastor Sean Miller and Pastor Maria Miller. Tabitha Hardison, one of our best friends, held the candle as we blessed each room and thanked God for this precious gift, our home. Thanks to everyone that were there for our house warming party, and participated in the blessing. It's a memory that will live on in our hearts forever.
haha! don't mind the rug all messed up...just noticed! But this is my pretty kitchen! *squeal*
The fiesty green laundry room is one of the only rooms we didn't paint. But my decor made it look super cute, at least I think so! haha!
Last, but certainly not least, the back yard. We always wanted a big yard...and this is more than we could have ever dreamed of. Thanks be to God, he has blessed us with way more than we deserve.
I'm still overwhelmed with emotion. Even as I look at the photos... Can it be? Is it real?
Yes, this home... is OURS!!!
Welcome Home Pilkenton's!

1 comment:
What a beautiful home! Congratulations!
aka: krw627
Post a Comment