We went to Virginia last weekend to visit Eric's family up there. Everyone was so happy to see Jenna Jade and the belly (in fact, my belly has gotten so big- they were SURE I was going to just have the baby in Mamaw VanHuss' living room ha ha!)
The food was sooooo good, and we had so much fun, I can't hardly type it all here, but I will definitely list a few pics and stories!
First of all- we stayed with Eric's mom's parents, Mamaw & Papaw VanHuss. Mamaw had a stroke last spring and scared all of us who love her so very much...and as a witness to what stroke can do to a person, I have to say this-- Mamaw VanHuss IS a pure and beautiful miracle! She is walking, and talking, and though things are a little different--- she is 100% getting her life back and that is remarkable considering what she has been through. We could all learn so much about strength just by sitting with her and holding her hand--- and Papaw completely is one of the reasons she is doing so well, He spends every moment just taking care of her and loving her and making sure she is alright-- its so sweet to see two people so much in love, I can just look at them and imagine Eric and I at that age- We are both surrounded by so many people on both sides of our family that love and care for each other and show us every day how much love is really worth. We love you all so very much! Also- while staying at Mamaw's, we got to spend time with Uncle Junebug, Uncle Dougy, Uncle Billy, and many of Jenna Jade's cousins -- and even Destiny made a new friend...a HORSE of course! :) Destiny ran and played for hours... and Jenna got to pet the horse and the horse even picked my hair up in its mouth so I couldn't walk away. No, the horse didn't pull on my hair and it didn't even hurt, and he would let go if I just reached out and pet him and smiled....he just loved the attention from Jenna, myself, and most importantly- our boxer named Destiny.

Jenna Jade met one of her cousin's for the first time this trip- they are just about 1 1/2 months apart in age and she is Eric's cousin Adam's little girl, Chloe. Chloe and Jenna had so much fun together running all over the place and becoming the best of friends. They were so sad when it was time to call it a day. It was so fun to see them play too- We all talked about how much Jenna looks like Eric, and Chloe looks like Adam-- several of Eric's family members felt like they had taken a step back in time and were watching Eric & Adam playing... except this time, they are girls! ha ha -- you boys sure make pretty young ladies! :)
Also visiting us that day were Samantha & Austin - Eric's cousin Matt's kids. Samantha is my baby doll! She just loves me so much and I absolutely love her back- we did our DIVA ritual of dressing up and taking pics of silly faces and just being girls together. She's growing up so fast on me and its fun to kick back and just enjoy the ride--- I always look forward to seeing her. And Michael Austin- what can I say? That boy is just soooo much fun! He & Eric wrestled and played until they could hardly breathe and all the kids just laughed and laughed and its definately 100% true=== the best stress reliever in the world is sitting on the ground with the kids just laughing
and giggling until your belly hurts and you feel like you are 5 again--- it was so great to get a chance to spend time with everyone. Eric and I wish we could see them more often! And not just Eric & I - Jenna Jade and our dog Destiny ran and played with Samantha & Austin until they were both sleeping like babies when bed time came -- which is another BIG PLUS for mom & dad! ha ha! Thank you Cousin Margie for bringing them over to see us! It was so great to see you too!!!
On Saturday night- we went over to Eric's Dad's house and got to see Eric's brothers Nick & Justin, and Eric's little sister Kinsley. We also got to spend time with Justin's girlfriend Kayla & Dad's girlfriend Dee! It was so great to meet Dee - she's a really great person and we think the world of her! All of us went up and enjoyed some really AWESOME food and games up on the mountain side. It was so pretty up there- and when we looked down... Eric and I saw something we never saw before....there is a pond just 10 feet away from where we park our cars at Dad's house!!!! LOL - I guess that shows how observant Eric & I are...we had never seen that pond before and we've been parking right next to it all this time... lol. But- in our defense, there is a lot of trees standing in the way so we just never noticed it until we were above it looking down. :) OH! And we also got to meet Pedro (or Idget - as Kinsley calls him)....he is a terrier mix and he's so cute and funny.... especially when a broom is in the room! ha ha! And Kayla & Justin had Jenna attached at the hip- she loved them so much and just wouldn't let go of Kayla's neck and chasing Justin around- she had an absolute blast with them. :)




One more stop along the way- Eric's Mamaw & Papaw Pilkenton. We got to see Uncle Mark & Aunt Lisa, Uncle Matt & Aunt Vonda, and Eric's cousin's on his dad's side of the family. Mamaw & Papaw were so happy to see all of us, we got tons of hugs and kisses! We love you both so much!!! They were all at the picnic up on the moutain and we went and saw Papaw down at the Pound 66 Station -- A big Thank's to Eric's dad & uncles for changing my oil and checking my engine for me!!!! :) Thank You!!! Eric's dad made me some of Mamaw's meatloaf - and I am so very thankful it is something I had
been looking forward to for a long time and I was soooooo excited to see it on the table. YUMMY! Eric's obsession is Mamaw's pumpkin pie...but I think I love just about anything she makes! lol. And Dad did an awesome job at making his mom's meatloaf recipe--it was DELICIOUS!
Papaw's heart was giving him trouble this weekend, so we didn't get to see him as much as we are used to--- but when we did we made sure he got big hugs and kisses and I hope he knows how much all of us love him so very much. We are praying for you Papaw!
It was so much fun seeing everyone- and I have DOZENS more pics at our family photo album - www.dropshots.com/pilkentonpearls <~check them out!!!!!
been looking forward to for a long time and I was soooooo excited to see it on the table. YUMMY! Eric's obsession is Mamaw's pumpkin pie...but I think I love just about anything she makes! lol. And Dad did an awesome job at making his mom's meatloaf recipe--it was DELICIOUS!Papaw's heart was giving him trouble this weekend, so we didn't get to see him as much as we are used to--- but when we did we made sure he got big hugs and kisses and I hope he knows how much all of us love him so very much. We are praying for you Papaw!
It was so much fun seeing everyone- and I have DOZENS more pics at our family photo album - www.dropshots.com/pilkentonpearls <~check them out!!!!!
Love ya'll!

No comments:
Post a Comment