And I DO mean everyone!!!
Eric was dressed as the joker, Jenna was a witch, I was a nun.... and Lexie Noelle- well she didn't want to be left out either!!!! At around 4pm - i suddenly was overwhelmed with dizzyness and blurry vision. My friend Lindsay (who was dressed as a flapper! ha ha) took me to Wal Greens after the nurse requested a blood pressure reading from the nearest clinic---- Wal Greens gave me my numbers and I called the nurse back once we were back at work.
The nurse said --- go to the hospital NOW...
My manager Liz drove me to the hospital -- THANKS Liz!!
and so, I checked into Labor & Delivery at St. Francis Hospital--- at only 32 weeks gestation (that's 8 months along).... they got me all situated and hooked up and they informed me that I was in labor and having contractions. Eric met me there and got me checked in and everything - he did all of it for me!
About an hour went by and the nurses said they were just watching my labor- they checked my cervix and it was still closed- and discussing with the doctors what to do. The discussion was if they should go ahead and take the baby--- one nurse kept saying "the baby is far enough along that she would be just fine if she was born tonight"...and the doctor said "yeah...but we'd like her to be as far along as we can get her - let's stop labor and if she comes back in, then we'll go ahead and take baby".... and so on and so on...
I was very scared/nervous/anxious/... you know... um, this is a baby due on Christmas- NOT HALLOWEEN!!!!! But Eric was right there by my side, holding my hand and telling me it would be alright. ((I love him so much- I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man as my husband... it's hard for girl's to find one like him these days :) )) I love him!
So- a different nurse came in and said they decided to stop my labor. My reaction was "YAY!!!!!!! please please please do!"
She gave me a shot- ouch. burn. .. and then i was jittery and jumpy for 2 hours (which they said was normal). My heart was racing so fast- but it worked! It didn't completely stop contractions, but it spaced them enough that the nurses agreed my labor had stopped. Eric and I were discharged and sent home.
So--- I did get a good laugh out of it, something we'll tell the baby girl (yes, Jenna Jade told Pappox so we can say it on here now lol)... we'll tell her that she sure played a funny prank on mommy & daddy on Halloween night! Here we were- a pregnant nun, The Joker from Batman- in a Catholic Hospital in premature labor.
HA! :) I'm so thankful that I can look back and laugh at this now... I'm going to get some rest now!
Here are pics from the day- Jenna Jade as a witch, ME as a nun (a pregnant one of course), Eric as The Joker, Lindsay Phillips as a Flapper, & Nancy Slice as "Brittney Spears in disguise/hiding from paparazzi" <~ HA HA~




1 comment:
I'm glad that she decided to wait until later to grace us with her presence! Silly baby, she's anxious to meet everyone, I suppose! But with a wonderful family like yours, I don't blame her. ;) I LOVE your costume, I saw that pic and I cracked up! What a funny idea! I can imagine you two at the hospital haha!
Post a Comment