...and she's 1 week old tomorrow! She has her nights and days mixed up so I apologize for the very late blog announcing her birth. I will tell you that a miracle happened - Lexie and I were well enough to go home just 48 hours after c-section... Lexie was born by c-section at 9:11am, weighing 9lbs 1oz...expected to stay through Christmas day... and instead we left the hospital at 10:30am on Christmas Eve! The nurses were all calling me "Super Woman" because just under 24 hours after major surgery, I wasn't in any real pain (not near compared to how bad it hurt after my first c-section) AND I was taken off of the IV faster than any of their other c-section momma's!!!
My nurse Kathy kept telling me about a woman down the hall that had her c-section before mine was still in bed saying she was in too much pain to be taken off the IV (and this was the day I was up walking around the room making sure things were packed and getting Lexie's first pictures done...).... she said she really wanted to have me just walk in her room and say "Look, if I can do it- so can you!".... and I told my nurse that I had prayed about it- I knew my expected stay, but really hoped God would find a way to have me home in time for Christmas....and I am a witness to His miracle--- I felt wonderful the entire time, maybe a little sore...but I was in no pain at all and my surgery went beautifully AND I was told that it was because of how healthy my body was that I was able to handle everything so well. My dad told them "I didn't raise no wimp, she can take it!" And I did- and we were discharged officially at 9 am, exactly 48 hours after c-section and left by 10:30am. Thanks be to God!
Below you can see a copy of the birth announcement that I will be sending out to my close family and friends... as well as our Christmas card. I know it's late- but I really wanted Lexie to be IN the picture for the card seeing as this is her first Christmas and all..I hope you understand! I will be sending them both together to everyone- but I really could only afford so many, so I am posting them here so that everyone can enjoy them!
And Christmas this year was so special- Jenna Jade really got into it and was so excited about all of her gifts; Grandpa Perry, Grandma Neesie, Nana, PopPop, and Pappox...Aunts, Uncles, and Santa Claus too... all made this Christmas so special for her- I can't thank you all enough, both of my girls are blessed with the best that family has to offer and I thank God for that! Jenna also said that her favorite gift of all was her new baby sister being home so she could hold her. SO SWEET!
Eric and I also had the best Christmas ever - and both of our girls had a lot to do with that, this Christmas... our family not only grew a little bigger, it also grew a lot closer!
Love ya'll!

The announcement reads: "Lexie Noelle Pilkenton; born: 12/22/2008 at 9:11am; weight: 9lbs 1oz; length: 21.5 inches; Proud Parents: Eric & Stephanie; Proud Big Sister: Jenna Jade"
The Christmas Card reads: "Twas the night before Christmas, Our new baby came home, And we celebrate family, the day that God sent His Son.; We wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!; Love Always, The Pilkenton Family; Eric, Steph, Jenna Jade, and Lexie Noelle"
No comments:
Post a Comment