Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shiann Elliana Summer

God, Thank you so much for this healthy, sweet baby...and thank you for giving me such a wonderful sister in Christ- Samantha Summer. I love her more than she knows and I thank you for putting her in my life! Amen!!

I felt that this blog needed to start off with a prayer, because tonight I witnessed one of God's greatest miracles of all. The perserverence of a mother, the first breath of life, and the first cries of a newborn baby. I was blessed with the opportunity to film the moment, and I got to stand right by momma and count with her as she pushed, and watch as God breathed life into this precious baby girl. My first thought was MY GOD she is beautiful! Not just the baby, momma too- How BEAUTIFUL it was to watch a mother give birth, and even more beautiful, those sparkles in mom's eyes as she holds her gorgeous new bundle! Simply Breath-taking!
In case you are wondering how I got such an honorable invite- Samantha's mom was sick, and stayed home with Sam's sick little boy, and couldn't be there for the birth, and so Samantha asked me to be in the room with her, since her mother couldn't make it. Let me tell you I have never felt so honored! This is absolutely the coolest experience and I feel so blessed by it!

And I found myself remembering Jenna Jade's first cry, and Lexie's first cry-- though I was lying on a table in the operating room, and didn't get to witness their birth as I did tonight with Shiann... those first cry's are the most precious sounds in the entire world! And not a moment of the birth was too much for me- I really feel maybe I should go back to school and be a midwife or doula... because I can't express to you how cool it is to watch a baby be born... to stand back, and observe the moment- take it all in... watch as God breathes life into someone that two people created out of love....

I have two children of my own, I've been in the moment- but I've never witnessed the moment, I've never watched the child take its first breath...and I was singing praises to God and skipping all the way back out to my car after getting to do so! My cheeks are sore from my smile being so big, and the fact that I couldn't stop smiling... And I admit, I got in my car...and I cried. It was such a happy cry, a joyful cry... I couldn't help but say Thank you to our Lord... I only wish I could put into words how remarkable it was to be in the room when a mother has her baby...and I will never ever forget it- and I will always cherish that moment as one of the best moments of my life, one of the moments where I witnessed with my own eyes....a miracle!
Congratulations Samantha and Shane Summer! And Sidney- you're a big brother now!!! I'm so very happy for all of you, and I can't thank you enough for the invitation to be a part of the birth of your beautiful new baby girl - Shiann Elliana Summer.


Shiann Elliana Summer
weight: 7lb 5.4oz
length: 20 inches
Godmother and Witness of Birth: YOURS TRUELY!!!!!

2 comments:

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hey Stephanie,

Cute baby!! :)

Do you have a button for you site?

I have 2 at the top of my sidebar ... maybe we could swap links?


God bless you & your family,

Mark & Lynn Seay

Stephanie said...

thanks Mark! yes, i went and grabbed the button for your site- i'll be happy to add it to mine! and sorry, i don't have a button for my site.

God Bless You and Your Family as well,

Steph