Some of you are aware of a problem I have...I'm guilty of letting my child out of time out before the full time is up. However, I want to share a story with you to let you know just exactly what I'm up against!Jenna kept repeatedly turning her sister's swing off and stopping it, walking away, or taking a pacifier away from her..just kept picking at her and making her cry. I asked her 2 or 3 times to leave her sister alone or else she would have to go to time out.
Jenna stopped the swing again, then walked away, and Lexie just burst into alligator tears. You see, if the swing stops, Lexie expects to be picked up...she would smile with excitement when Jenna walked up and stopped the swing, then you could literally watch the sweet baby's heart break as Jenna walked away. (Yep, we already have a bit of sibling rivalry ha ha!) But anyways- Jenna was sent to time out with her own set of alligator tears.
I sat in the adjacent room from the "time out" spot and rocked Lexie to console her. About 3 minutes into the 5 minute time out session.... this is what I hear:
"God? God?? Where are you God? God? Are you in the attic? I need you God. This is Jenna! Can you tell mommy to let me out of time out?"
First of all- I had to laugh. I couldn't help but giggle the moment she asked if God was in the attic...and then the simple conversation with God that my 4 year old conducted.
Secondly, I couldn't help but take the opportunity to talk to her about God.
I sat down with her and said, "God told me he loved you and he especially loves when you talk to him. God also reminded me to forgive you. He wants me to remind you that He wants us to be loving and kind to everyone. And that He wants us to honor thy mother and father. He said if you will try to remember to be kind and loving to your sister, and to listen and obey your mommy and daddy, that you can get out of time out early".
Jenna hugged me and said "I'm sorry mom, I'll be love to Lexie" and ran off to play...only turning back once to wave at the attic door in the ceiling and say "Thanks God!"
All I have to say is... Yes indeed! Thank you God! Thank you for giving me these two precious little girls with such playful spirits. I'm so blessed and I look forward to every beautiful moment I will spend with them! I feel honored to be their mommy! And thanks for their daddy too- I couldn't have asked for anything more! Amen!


No comments:
Post a Comment