Jenna's favorite game this month has been our daily ritual of playing 3 little pigs in the back yard. It's so much fun! She runs and hides behind something and I run up and through my arms in the air like claws and say in a growing voice, "Little Pig, Little Pig, LET ME IN!" And Jenna screams at the top of her lungs, "NOT BY THE HAIR ON MY CHINNY CHIN CHINNERS!" On occasion I stop to laugh because she always says "chinners" instead of just "chin"...but then I carry on with "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in! ARGHHHHHHH"....and Jenna runs to the next spot where we repeat a second time with her make believe house of sticks, and finish with the brick house where she dances and cheers because I'm unable to blow down the walls of the brick house! That girl can even make my heart giggle, in fact, I think every part of me is filled with laughter when we play, and I get that same joy with Lexie, and an unimaginable kind of magic when both my girls are in my arms. When I'm in make believe land with them, I have a castle and I'm a Queen and I'm smart and beautiful...it is in their imaginary land that I feel I'm the closest to Heaven!
This past weekend we visited my grandparents, Bob and Arlene Hellwig, in Tifton, GA. I couldn't help but find myself talking about it all week at work- and showing off pictures of Grandpa Bob's BEAUTIFUL garden and landscaping. Jenna was so excited about going to see Grandpa Bob and I'm so filled with gladness that she loves them so much. I always enjoy any time I get to spend with Grandma Arlene and Grandpa Bob. I love them! Here is a picture below of Grandpa Bob's backyard garden - He built ALL of this himself! And its so beautiful year round, even moreso when in full bloom!

Jenna said in the car on the way home that she wants to visit Nana next and then her Mamaw's in Virginia. She's reminded me every day this week, so Eric and I have some serious planning to do!
And that brings me to my next announcement for April- Eric got promoted to supervisor at Greenville County Animal Care Services this month! So we can have a little extra to plan for all of these things, and of course start saving to buy a house. Say a prayer for us, we hope to be able to get a place of our own by the end of Autumn!!
And last, but certainly not the least, Miss Lexie Noelle had her 4 month well-baby check up this morning. They finally said she's old enough to do something about her allergies, they put her on Zyrtec once a day to see if it helps. Woo Hoo! Months of red eyes and clogged tear ducts had all of the family asking me when they would do something, well they FINALLY gave us some meds! Also- Lexie has grown to a whopping 12.5 lbs and 25 inches long! I can't believe its been 4 months since my not-so-tiny 9lb 1oz, 21.5inch long baby came into this world...and now, she's 4 months old! Which, for Lexie, this means exciting things like rolling over consistently, holding her self upright (next step sitting *hopefully*), filling a room with her newfound giggles and laughter, and of course Lexie's favorite thing to do - chew on her feet and toes. ha ha! She has a love for my hair, too, she'll run her fingers through it or sometimes just grab it and pull.
Here are some more pics from our trip to Georgia:
Grandma Arlene and Lexie
Grandpa Bob, Lexie, and Jenna
Playing Croquet is tradition! My mom and her dad finishing the game Jenna insisted on playing.
Four Generations!
Beautiful sisters, Grandma Arlene and Aunt Bea!

No comments:
Post a Comment