Jenna and I went to Greenville's Annual Ken-Ducky Derby today. Jenna has a tan, I have a sunburn, and we both kicked off our shoes, rolled our pants up, and played near the bottom of the water fall at Falls Park, downtown Greenville.
It was so much fun seeing the rubber duckies RACE to the finish line! We really hoped our duck would win, but it was so much fun cheering all of them on that it didn't matter in the end! There were a toal of 10,000 ducks that raced down the falls of Reedy River downtown today. Jenna had fun balancing on the rocks, playing her kazoo, and getting so excited to see the first ducks appear on the waterfall.A police officer was chasing a group of people off the rocks of the falls and was shouting that anyone he catches on the rocks gets a $1,000 ticket! THANK GOODNESS we weren't on the rocks when he showed up! (Jenna and I are 100% guilty of playing on the rocks shortly before the police officer arrived...so, now I'm guilty of chaperoning my daughters first run-in with the law).

After the race, Jenna and I got a free show by Marty the Magician! Jenna was so funny- she just couldn't figure out how his tricks worked! He sure fooled us!
We really had a blast. Next year, I hope the rest of the family can join us!
SEE ALL THE PICS AT www.dropshots.com/pilkentonpearls

No comments:
Post a Comment