Tonight was the annual Mother Daughter Banquet at our church. This year's theme was Darn Tootin', High Fly-Lootin' Cowgirls!
My sister Lisa didn't get off work until too late so we were sad that she couldn't make it. My mom, my girls and I, and one of my best friends, Tabby, and her girls came with us and we absolutely had a ball!
Jenna, Mina, and Shana were dressed up as country western girls and looked so cute! Lexie went with "the little house on the prairie" look with her pink dress and matching pink bonnet. Mom and I wore blue jeans, boots, and bandana's around our necks. I didn't get a picture of the girls with the REAL pony and goats outside, but they loved it! The girls also learned to line dance a little and I won a vase for having the youngest child!
Christy (Pastor Jerry Smith's wife) was also there and we were so glad to see her! Here is a pic of her holding Lexie, a.k.a. Pastor Jerry's "birthday twin" (whom we noted also shares the same color eyes as her "Uncle Jerry").
While the clean up crew was working afterwards, our girls and a few other kids and myself all went to the field out back and I was wore SLAP out chasing them all in tag, playing red light/green light, and the favorite game of the night was red rover - which my mom was recruited to play with us! Red rover was such a hit that the kids were going on and on about it long after the game was over.
And to make the night just that much more special, Tabitha and I got a special "hello" from heaven... there was a beautiful rainbow that decorated the clouds outside tonight... and we both couldn't help but think of Riley and know he's wishing us a Happy Mother's Day from Heaven. You can barely see it, but it was worth trying to take a picture of it!
Overall, tonight was a lot of fun and I'm glad we decided to go together this year!

No comments:
Post a Comment