Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Artisphere Downtown

On Saturday, Aunt Donna, Jenna, and I went downtown for Artisphere! We absolutely had a ball! The art this year was breathtaking, I wish I had pictures of some of the beautiful paintings. My favorite were from a guy named David Goldman who painted the most beautiful scenes of the ocean I had ever seen. Another gentleman was doing sidewalk chalk art down in Falls Park near the restaurants and I had to snap a picture of the angels, so cool!

There were also people acting as statues, and if you put a dollar in their bucket they would do a trick. Jenna's favorite was the girl that played the drum.

We also ventured across the different countries at Kidsphere! Jenna got her face painted and they did an amazing job, and everyone thinks purple is a great color for her because it made her olive green eyes sparkle!
Each exhibit represented a country and Jenna had to get her passport stamped after visiting. First she painted in the USA, then she traveled to Mexico to make a sun, and even stopped by Australia to make a Kangaroo paper bag puppet!
While enjoying our walk downtown, Aunt Donna bought us lunch at a pizzeria restaurant named Bercalloni's which is on Main Street downtown, and that is probably the best pizza I've EVER eaten! It was so good that the three of us ate every single piece - not leaving one to bring home to the rest of the family. I highly recommend checking them out! I plan to return myself very soon!

see the video of her playing the drum for Jenna here -> http://www.dropshots.com/pilkentonpearls#date/2009-05-09/12:44:39

1 comment:

Melissa said...

how cute. we took cameron last year. he liked the guy that if you put a dollar in his hat he'd give you candy. as soon as cam saw that candy he went straight for it and took a handful! i love how gville has so much for the kids to do. Jennas face painting is so cute.