Monday, May 25, 2009

A Mother's Day Gift from Arizona

For Mother's Day this year I got some really cute things from my children and a very sweet card from my husband and lots of hugs from my parents and anyone else who saw me that day. I even got text messages on my cell phone from all my friends who are mom's themselves saying "Happy Mother's Day"! These are all things that are always so appreciated on Mother's Day, however, they are something to expect, and something I'm used to and they always make me feel loved every day, not just on Mother's Day. Every person that took time out of their day to think of me and send me a greeting showed that they loved me and cared for me.

But this year, I got something unexpected, something I'm not used to at all. This "something" stopped me in my tracks and made me feel loved, in that this person thought of me and truely believes I'm a wonderful Mom.
A good friend of mine, Melissa Wilbur, moved to Arizona back in December. She and I worked together at Plus Inc and she hand made a Mother's Day card for me and mailed it across the country to arrive on Monday, the day after Mother's Day. She had made the entire card by hand and wrote on the inside:


""Happy Mother's Day" means more
than Have a Happy Day...
Within those words lie a lot of things
we never get to say.
It means I love you first of all
Then, Thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me
And that I honor you.
But most of all I guess it means
That I am thinking of
Your happiness, on this, your day
With pleasure and with love.
To Stephanie: Happy Mother's Day! ~Melissa"

Melissa gave me the sweetest card ever and it made me feel so loved and appreciated. I wish my camera would take a better picture of it, but here's a picture below- it's awesome! She should really get paid for her creativity! Melissa also makes scrapbook pages for me that are professional and beautiful. I love her and think she's a wonderful person and she's an awesome friend that I am so blessed to have! I love you Melissa!

No comments: