Saturday, August 15, 2009

50+ Cards for Mom = Mail Motherload

As mentioned in the previous blog- my Aunt Donna (my mother's sister) arranged for over 50 cards to be sent out from all over the United States. None of them were signed- and the postage stamps were from places mom couldn't find an explanation for. So every single day was a new adventure as mom made her trip to the mailbox to see where that day's cards would come from.

One of the days- my mom said "I hope I get one from Hawaii!"... and I happen to have a friend who is stationed IN Hawaii due to her husband's current military involvement. So, I called my Aunt Donna (by that time, rumors had spread and we thought it was her...turns out we were right ha ha!) and before I even asked about it she said "Oh I wish I had known someone in Hawaii, but she won't get one from there."... Though all the credit for the idea goes to my Aunt Donna... My friend Leza is the one who saved the day and made that wish for a card from Hawaii to come true. Not only that, but she hand-made a designer card and sent it all the way from Hawaii!!!!! THANK YOU LEZA!

And a big Thank You to my Aunt Donna whose idea really made my mom's birthday the best one ever. She cherishes every single card she received, which if you add the other cards that she got as well - she had a total of 57 cards!!!!! She even got one from Alaska! see pics below!

Here is a close up of the two cards that traveled the farthest! Wahiawa, Hawaii and Anchorage, Alaska!
Here is the full view of the beautiful hand-made card that my friend Leza in Hawaii sent. Thank you Leza, you are the best!

1 comment:

Leza said...

Oh that's awesome! She got soooo many! How awesome! Happy Birthday Denise. You did a great job on your Steph. I'm so glad she got so many.