Thursday, December 10, 2009

We'll Miss You Kandys

Kandys D. Batson, Lyman

Kandys Darlene Williams Batson, 25, of 70 Lakeside Drive, died December 7, 2009.

A native of Greenville County, daughter of Wayne Scott and Sharon Duck Williams of the home, she was a 2002 graduate of Greer High School, a homemaker and a member of Victor Baptist Church.

Also surviving are her husband, Michael Justin Batson of the home; two daughters, Kaytee Annabelle Batson and Natalee Klare Batson both of the home; maternal grandparents, Melvin and Darlene Duck of Greer; a brother, Brandon Scott Williams of the home; and a sister, Mary Brooke Williams of Lyman.

Kandys was predeceased by her paternal grandparents, Warren and Mary Williams.

Funeral services will be held 2 p.m. Friday at The Wood Mortuary, conducted by Rev. Ken Vickery. Burial will follow in Hillcrest Memorial Gardens.

Visitation will be held 6 until 8 p.m. Thursday at The Wood Mortuary.

The family is at the home.

Memorials may be made to the Kaytee and Natalee Batson Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 534, Greer, S.C. 29652.

Online condolences may be made at http://www.thewoodmortuary.com/.
___________________________________________________________________

Kandys was like a sister to Eric, and Eric got the phone call at 2:00am, early Tuesday morning taht she had been killed in a car accident. He was told by Kandys' mother to go to the home and deliver the news to her brother and sister who were watching over her children. Eric and I broke down as the reality hit of what he had to do... I didn't get a wink of sleep that night. I talked with Eric on the phone until he got there to make sure he got there safely, then prayed for him as he knocked on the door and told his best friend Brandon and his best friend's little sister Brooke that their sister didn't make it. Eric grew up with that family and Kandys was always like a little sister to him, so he broke down and cried with Brandon and Brooke as they mourned the loss of Kandys. Eric stayed there all the next day to help with the babies as everyone started to come home. He called in tears saying how Kaytee, age 3, would cry out for mommy and someone would have to explain again how mommy is in Heaven with Jesus now. He called again in tears after his conversation with Kandys' husband, Justin, who struggles to just sleep without his beloved wife by his side. When Eric got home that night, we held each other for the longest time - we cried together and prayed for Justin who for the first time, was sleeping in an empty bed. He couldn't reach out and touch his better half like I could... he couldn't run his fingers through her hair... or wrap his arms around her... and we just can't imagine his pain.

I have trouble sleeping when Eric is off on one of his hunting trips... the bed is so empty. But at least I know he's coming home. At least I can pick up the phone and call him... I'm so fortunate to have Eric, to have married the man that loves me more than anything, my soul mate. My heart breaks for Justin - and my heart breaks for the two little girls who now have to learn a new way of life... a life with out mommy. But we told them how much Mommy loves them, and how she'll always be a part of them, watching over them, loving them from Heaven.

We will miss you Kandys... We will miss you so very much.

I don't have a picture of Kandys to share with you, but I do have this picture of her daughter Kaytee holding Lexie for the first time. Kaytee looks so much like her mommy- and Kandys has raised such a polite and wonderful little girl, in Kaytee and Natalee's eyes- we'll forever see our beloved friend Kandys.

No comments: