Lisa's Bachelorette party was the night before.... yes. I did get home at 3am... and didn't actually sleep until 4am because of the beautiful card and roses Eric had on my pillow. I spent an hour loving them and putting them in a vase ... lol.. because I'm slightly OCD and wanted to make sure they had fresh water, mixed well with flower food, and no leaves touching the water (FYI - if leaves are in the water, your flowers die faster...someone shared that info with me a few years ago and my flowers now live up to 3 weeks longer!) so... 4am I finally fell asleep...and was awake by 8:30am. Why? Because the two most precious little faces in the entire world crawled in my bed and hugged my face and gave me kisses and cheered "Happy Mother's Day!"... and there's no falling back asleep when you have a big smile on your face!
I am so blessed to be called Mom. Happy Mother's Day to you all- especially my mother Denise McKain and my mother in law Donna McCarter, my grandmother Arlene Hellwig, My Aunt Donna (who is pretty much my other momma! haha!), Mamaw VanHuss, and Mamaw Pilkenton...and the late Grandma Lucille- how I miss you! And of course my sis in law Brandi, and my cousins who are mothers... These "mom's" in my life have taught me everything and I wouldn't be the mom I am today without them. I love you all! Again- A very Happy Mother's Day to you!
SPEAKING OF COUSINS THAT ARE MOM'S..... My cousin Marcia Baker (see list of peeps on the right for the link to her blog!)... had a baby GIRL on Friday, May 7th, and they named her Natalie Scott Baker (Scott is after her daddy)... What a wonderful mother's day present! A new baby girl to hold and love - oh how I wish they didn't grow up so fast! Congrats to Charlie who is now a big brother! :)



1 comment:
What beautiful flowers!!! Love the leaf tip-I had no idea.
Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!!!!
Post a Comment