yes, she is only 5 years old, however- at the water park, if you are tall enough to ride all the rides by yourself, you have to purchase an adult ticket. Jenna Jade is a full 3 1/2 inches taller... last summer she was just under the line!!!!! ...and this year, I had to pay for an adult ticket to get her in and she was so excited and happy; it absolutely was a huge deal for her.
The good news: I was at the park by myself, so I could stay in the baby area with Lexie and watch Jenna go down the slides by herself from afar...this was impossible last year as I had to go down the slides with Jenna and someone would have had to stay with Lexie.
The bad news: What does my child do with her newfound freedom?????? She decides to go on the speed slide...NO, not the slower, green slide....the white slide at Otter Creek Water park, that plummets to earth from over 30 feet in the air. I have been down that thing- you can't even see the slide from up top because it is so steep--- and standing on the ground looking up, well, Jenna looked so tiny way up there, and she seemed to FLY down that slide faster than a bullet...and then she does it AGAIN!
As scary as it was for me- I was also just as proud. She was so brave, and I was proud of her for trying something new. She now likes that slide more than the tube one! haha! :) man, time is flying...and so is my 5 year old!





No comments:
Post a Comment