Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Everyday Shoes" ~ from Amanda Roshto

These precious shoes were hand made by one of my very best friends, Amanda Roshto. I really wanted to share them with everyone in a blog by themselves because of how sweet they are. Amanda gave me a piece of paper that shares the story behind the shoes and Lexie wore these shoes on the most important day of her Christian life- her baptism.

Here is the story:

"EVERYDAY SHOES"
from: Amanda Roshto


"These little shoes are made from an old
pattern passed from Mother to Daughter
and Granddaughter for as long as can be
remembered in my family.
My Grandmother called them "Everyday Shoes".
And, she made them from whatever string
she had on hand. She taught me at 5 years
old to crochet and right behind the miles of
lace I learned to make, I learned to make
these little shoes. As far as I know, there
has never been a written pattern for them:
they have always been
made from the heart...."

Thank you so much Amanda! These shoes are so very precious and I feel so honored that you made them for Lexie. God bless you and I love you too!

1 comment:

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Steph,

I will be praying for little Lexie & your family! She is a blessing from above!! She is adorable!!

Anyway, congratulations on Lexie's baptism. That is sooo wonderful!!

God bless you all!!

Mark Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.com

ps - free buttons at the top of my sidebar if interested. Do you have one?