Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lexie Noelle Pilkenton ~ baptized 2/22/2009

Lexie Noelle was baptized during the 11am service on February 22nd, 2009. There are so very many special things about this day, and I'm so glad that everyone was able to be there to be a part of it.



Pastor Gerald Smith led the service and when he was announcing the baptism, he shared with everyone that he and Lexie have the same birthday. He talked about how he was so happy that she was born on that day and also told us of a dear friend in Texas who also shares the birthday of December 22nd. His friend in Texas turned 100 years old the day that Lexie came into this world, and Pastor had called to celebrate the new member of their "birthday club". The woman in Texas rejoiced and expressed overwhelming happiness that Lexie was born on her 100th birthday and said a prayer that God would bless Lexie Noelle with as many years as she has been blessed with. I believe that is the sweetest gift anyone could give my child, the gift of prayer....and that prayer be for a long life.


Another thing that makes this day so special is that Lexie is the EXACT same age that I was when I was baptized. I was born on August 21st, 1984, and baptized on October 21st, 1984 - exactly 2 months old, just like Lexie who was born December 22nd, 2008 and baptized on February 22nd, 2009.

And she also is wearing the same baptism gown that I wore. Jenna Jade also wore this gown when she was baptized, each of my children's names are embroidered along side mine on the gown along with our baptism dates.
Lexie's Godmother Donna Rocker presented her for baptism and Lexie was baptized by Pastor. Eric and I half expected her to cry, but instead she smiled and cooed at Pastor as he sprinkled water on her head. Lexie fussed a little bit during the lighting of her candle, but it was a beautiful moment just the same and I was so proud of her. Eric and I look forward to raising her in the church and reminding her that she is a baptized child of God!






The sweet prayer from the old lady in Texas, all the family and friends that were all there to help be a part of it.... Lexie's baptism was beautiful and special and I'm so glad that the people I love got to be there.

Jenna Jade was baptized on May 29th, 2005 - and at her baptism, Pastor sang a song to her "Child of Wonder, Child of Grace, Love comes Dancing 'Round Your Face"...and he dedicated that song to her and hasn't sang it in a baptism since, not even Lexie's - I sang it for Jenna later that day and told her all about how special her baptism was, and that Lexie's will always have her big sister to remind her of the special day that she too became a baptized child of God. Jenna's Godfather Erich Peschel, and Godmothers- my sister Lisa and Eric's sister Brandi were all there to witness Lexie's baptism too.

Eric asked Franky Williams to be Lexie's Godfather, but Franky was unable to get away from school and work to attend the service. We hope you enjoy the pictures Franky! We hope to be able to come visit soon!

No comments: